- When: From 02nd to 8th July 2017
- Where: Camping Le Belvédère, Lastours, France;
- Who orginize? Initiative et Développement Citoyen;
- How much? Participation fee: 50 euros. Food included;
- Accomodation: Possibility to sleep in your own tent for free or to rent a mobile home for 10 euros per night (shared room);
- How to apply: send an email to [email protected]
- Downloadable Infopack: Here
The main aim of the programme is to cook vegan food as a group. Participants willlearn new cuisine ideas and share their ideas with one another. Exploring cuisine of the regions, where the majority of recipes are originally vegan, or learning how to make home-made spreads and milks will widen the knowledge of the participants, which might turn out to be helpful in their everyday lives. During these six days, we will discover life hacks for vegans and share the useful information about vegan lifestyle in accordance with an ecologically sustainable way of living and cultural exchange among youth.
Veganism goes hand in hand with ecology and a responsible way of thinking about food-waste and waste in general. Therefore, learning new information about ways of processing waste into useful items or decorations as well as learning how to make home-made cosmetics, cleaning supplies and vegan substitutes is essential to the lifestyle, which is consistent with the moral values of veganism. In addition to this, participants will also learn how to save up money through this lifestyle and be more creative in the kitchen. Meeting with people of similar backgrounds will be an enriching experience, which might contribute to the emergence of strong friendships, cooperation and team work.
Example of the program
- 8:30 – 9:30 Breakfast
- 10:00 – 13:00 cooking lunch: middle eastern food – falafel, tabouleh, hummus, babaganoush, pita, halva
- 16:30 – 20:00 cooking dinner: asian food – pho soup, spring rolls, sauces, preparation of the breakfast – vegan milks, vegan spreads, cereals etc.
- after dinner: discussion – how to promote veganism, how to speak to non-vegans, what is a vegan background in your country etc
- There will be around 10 participants from all over the world, with different age and different countries.
- During these 6 days we will live in community: sleep, sing, discuss, eat, and cook together.
- The cooking will take us around 7 hours per day.